APDA South Florida 2021 Optimism Walk, 5k Race and Kids Fun Run
Join us on October 30, 2021Register Now! Donate To This Event
Saturday, October 30, 2021
5K Race and kids fun run check-in begins at 7:00 am
5k BEGINS AT 8:00 am
kids 1/2 mile fun run begins at 9:00 am
Walk check-in begins at 9:00 am
walk begins at 10:00 am
Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park
(MaryLou Berger Pavilion)
20405 Amphitheater Circle
Boca Raton, FL 33498
JOIN US IN PERSON! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
ALL 5K AND KIDS fun Run PARTICIPANTS MUST ALSO REGISTER AT: https://runsignup.com/apdaflrace
Listen to APDA's South Florida 2021 Optimism Walk Honorary Chair, Jonathan Roberts, former World Ballroom Dance Champion, and Dancing with the Stars professional dancer's message about his personal connection to PD.
What it is:
- An important (and fun-filled!) fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk with family-friendly activities, sponsor tables, and more! For those who want to step it up, you can participate in the 5k Race or 1/2 Mile Kids Fun Run.
- Walking the full distance is not mandatory -- participants can walk as much or as little as they choose. Race participants compete in a 5k official paved course.
- Each Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. Be a part of it!
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our own local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more! (To qualify for fundraising prizes, the funds raised must be part of your personal fundraising dollars.)
- And, because it's going to be a GREAT day!
Fundraising is highly encouraged. We have tips and templates to help make fundraising easy to do!
Your safety is our priority! All public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
The walk route is one mile and is wheelchair accessible.
Rain or shine!
For more information:
Call APDA South Florida Chapter at 954-952-0429 or email email@example.com
About APDA - Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families.
The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.www.apdaparkinson.org