2022 APDA South Florida Optimism Walk, 5k Race and Kids Fun Run
Join us on October 30, 2022Register Now! Donate To This Event
Sunday, October 30, 2022
5k Race and Kids Fun Run Check-in Begins at 7:00 am
5k Begins at 8:00 am
Kids 1/2 Mile Fun Run Begins at 9:00 am
Walk Check-in Begins at 9:00 am
Walk Begins at 10:00 am
Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park
(MaryLou Berger Pavilion)
20405 Amphitheater Circle
Boca Raton, FL 33498
Register now and be part of this special day as we raise much-needed funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease.*Online registration is strongly encouraged*
All 5k and Kids Fun Run Participants Must Also Register at: https://runsignup.com/apdaflrace
What is an Optimism Walk? Each APDA Optimism Walk is an important and fun-filled fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk with family-friendly activities, music, vendor tables, and so much more! For those who want to step it up, you can participate in the 5k Race or 1/2 Mile Kids Fun Run. The South Florida Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. (Participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.)
Sign-up yourself as an individual, create a team for your family and friends to join, or join an existing team. Together we will help Florida families living with Parkinson's disease.
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes* - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more!
- Fundraising is highly encouraged. Our Fundraising Guide (above) will help make fundraising easy to do!
- The walk route is one mile and is wheelchair accessible.
- Race participants compete in a 5k official paved course.
- Rain or shine!
- Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers! (COMING SOON)
- Dogs are NOT permitted. (Service animals only, please).
- Your safety is our priority! All necessary public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
For more information: Call APDA South Florida Chapter at 954-952-0429 or email email@example.com.
Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families. The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.
* To qualify for incentive prizes, the funds raised must be part of the dollars you raise which are reflected on your fundraising page.