APDA Oklahoma 2022 Optimism Walk
Join us on August 20, 2022Register Now! Donate To This Event
Saturday, August 20, 2022
Check-in Begins at 8:00 am
Walk Begins at 9:00 am
4009 S. Pittsburg Ave
Tulsa, OK 74135
Register now and be part of this special day as we raise much-needed funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease.* Online registration is strongly encouraged *
What is an Optimism Walk? Each APDA Optimism Walk is an important and fun-filled fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk that offers family-friendly activities, music, vendor tables, and so much more! The Oklahoma Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. (Participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.)
Sign-up yourself as an individual, create a team for your family and friends to join, or join an existing team. Together we will help families living with Parkinson's disease in Oklahoma.
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes* - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more!
- Fundraising is highly encouraged. Our Fundraising Guide (above) will help make fundraising easy to do!
- The walk route is approximately a 1/2 mile around campus and is wheelchair accessible.
- Come hungry for a healthy breakfast smoothie or fruit bowl. 25% of sales will be donated to APDA Oklahoma. Please support our local vendor while benefiting our local APDA Chapter.
- Rain or shine!
- Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers!
- Dogs are NOT permitted. (Service animals only, please).
- Your safety is our priority! All necessary public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
For more information: Call APDA Oklahoma Chapter at 918-849-5419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families. The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.
* To qualify for incentive prizes, the funds raised must be part of the dollars you raise which are reflected on your fundraising page.