APDA Wisconsin 2022 Optimism Walk
Join us on August 27, 2022Donate To This Event
Saturday, August 27, 2022
Check-in Begins at 9:00 am
Walk Begins at 10:00 am
Warner Park Pavilion
625 Northport Drive | Madison, WI 53704
Register now and be part of this special day as we raise much-needed funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease.* Online registration is strongly encouraged *
What is an Optimism Walk? Each APDA Optimism Walk is an important and fun-filled fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk that offers family-friendly activities, music, vendor tables, and so much more! The Wisconsin Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. (Participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.)
Sign-up yourself as an individual, create a team for your family and friends to join, or join an existing team. Together we will help Wisconsin families living with Parkinson's disease.
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes* - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more!
- Live music by Rare Elements, a 7-piece brass funk band
- Lots of raffles to enter!
- Food available for purchase by Propa Jerk BBQ Jamacian Cuisine and Rollin' W/Espresso Coffee Cart. *Vegetarian option will be available.
- Additional entertainment by the East High Purgolders Cheer Team and Maynard Mallard
- Fundraising is highly encouraged. Our Fundraising Guide (above) will help make fundraising easy to do!
- The walk route is one mile, which is twice around a half-mile loop at Warner Park. Participants can walk as much or as little as they choose. The entire route is wheelchair accessible.
- Rain or shine!
- Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers! (COMING SOON)
- Dogs are NOT permitted. (Service animals only, please).
- Your safety is our priority! All necessary public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
For more information: Call APDA Wisconsin Chapter at 608-345-7938 or email email@example.com. Donations can also be mailed to APDA Wisconsin Chapter, PO Box 14381, Madison, WI 53708.
Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families. The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.
* To qualify for incentive prizes, the funds raised must be part of the dollars you raise which are reflected on your fundraising page.