APDA Long Island 2022 Optimism Walk
Join us on October 1, 2022Register Now! Donate To This Event
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2022
Check-in Begins at 9:00 am
Walk Begins at 10:00 am
Marjorie R. Post Community Park
Unqua & Merrick Roads
Register now and be part of this special day as we raise much-needed funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease.* Online registration is strongly encouraged *
What is an Optimism Walk? Each APDA Optimism Walk is an important and fun-filled fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk that offers family-friendly activities, music, vendor tables, and so much more! The Long Island Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. (Participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.)
Sign-up as an individual walker, create a team for your family and friends to join, or join an existing team - whatever works best for you! Together we will help families living with Parkinson's disease.
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes* - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more!
- Fundraising is highly encouraged. Our Fundraising Guide (above) will help make fundraising easy to do!
- The Walk route is one mile, with two shortcuts available, and is wheelchair accessible.
- There will be music, a boxing demo, lots of sponsors with giveaways, and much more!
- Rain or shine!
- Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers! (COMING SOON)
- Dogs are NOT permitted. (Service animals only, please).
- Plenty of free parking available.
- Your safety is our priority! All necessary public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
For more information: Call APDA at 718-737-8151 or email NYwalk@apdaparkinson.org.
Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families. The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.
* To qualify for incentive prizes, the funds raised must be part of the dollars you raise which are reflected on your fundraising page.