APDA Virginia 2022 Optimism Walk
Join us on June 25, 2022Donate To This Event
SATURDAY, JUNE 25, 2022
Check-in Begins at 8:00 am
Walk Begins at 9:00 am
MOUNT TRASHMORE PARK
310 Edwin Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Register now and be part of this special day as we raise much-needed funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease.* Online registration is strongly encouraged *
What is an Optimism Walk? Each APDA Optimism Walk is an important and fun-filled fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk that offers family-friendly activities, music, vendor tables, and so much more! The Virginia Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. (Participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.)
Sign-up yourself as an individual, create a team for your family and friends to join, or join an existing team. Together we will help Virginia families living with Parkinson's disease.
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes* - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more!
- Fundraising is highly encouraged. Our Fundraising Guide (above) will help make fundraising easy to do!
- The lakefront walk route is on a paved path, can be adapted to whatever distance the walker feels comfortable, and is wheelchair accessible.
- Rain or shine!
- Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers! (COMING SOON)
- Dogs are NOT permitted. (Service animals only, please).
- Your safety is our priority! All necessary public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
For more information: Call APDA Virginia at 757-495-3062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations can also be mailed to APDA Virginia, PO Box 4162, Virginia Beach, VA 23454.
Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families. The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.
* To qualify for incentive prizes, the funds raised must be part of the dollars you raise which are reflected on your fundraising page.