APDA Northwest 2022 Optimism Walk
Join us on October 1, 2022Register Now! Donate To This Event
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2022
Check-in and pre-event activities begin at 9:30am
Ceremony at 11am, Walk to follow
Post-Walk Celebration until 1pm
Ship Canal Trail 180 Nickerson Street | Seattle, WA
Check-in begins at 12:30 with Walk to follow at 1:00pm
Marathon Park 1011 Deschutes Pkwy SW | Olympia, WA
Walk begins at 10:00am
Battle Point Park 11299 Arrow Point Dr NE, Bainbridge Island
Register now and be part of this special day as we raise much-needed funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease.* Online registration is strongly encouraged * If registering a team for the Olympia walk, please add Olympia to your team name so we can credit your fundraising appropriately.
What is an Optimism Walk? Our APDA Optimism Walk is an important and fun-filled fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk and family-friendly activities in a carnival atmosphere, with music, vendor tables, food, face painting, games, giveaways, and so much more! The Northwest Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease.
Sign-up yourself as an individual, create a team for your family and friends to join, or join an existing team. Together we will help Northwest families living with Parkinson's disease.
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- Parkinson's is now the fastest growing neurological disease, with a growth rate that has surpassed Alzheimer's. Raising critical funds and awareness are now more important than ever!
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and earn fantastic prizes* - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more!
- Fundraising is highly encouraged. Our Fundraising Guide (above) will help make fundraising easy to do!
- All-ability 1.5 mile walk (rain or shine!) along the Ship Canal Trail in Seattle (participants can walk as much or as little as they choose) and in Olympia walkers will complete a 1.5 mile loop around Marathon Park.
- Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers (download first, then print or share).
- Your safety is our priority! All necessary public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
For more information: Call APDA Northwest at 206-348-0213 or email email@example.com. Donations can also be mailed to APDA Northwest | 180 Nickerson St, Suite 108, Seattle, WA 98109.
Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families. The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.
* To qualify for incentive prizes, the funds raised must be part of the dollars you raise which are reflected on your fundraising page.