APDA Georgia 2022 Optimism Walk
Join us on April 23, 2022Donate To This Event
Saturday, April 23, 2022
Check-in and pre-event activities begin at 10:00 am
The walk begins at 11:00 am
4575 N. Shallowford Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Register now and be part of this special day as we raise much-needed funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease.* Online registration is strongly encouraged *
What is an Optimism Walk? Each APDA Optimism Walk is an important and fun-filled fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk that offers family-friendly activities, music, vendor tables, and so much more! The Georgia Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. (Participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.)
Sign-up yourself as an individual, create a team for your family and friends to join or join an existing team. Together we will help families living with Parkinson's disease in Georgia.
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes* - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more!
- There will be food, fun, fellowship, activities for the entire family, music, information from vendors and so much more.
- Fundraising is highly encouraged. Our Fundraising Guide (above) will help make fundraising easy to do!
- The walk route is 1.8 miles. You can also walk around the venue green space for anyone who wants to have a smaller walk or uses a walker or wheelchair.
- Rain or shine!
- Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers! (COMING SOON)
- Dogs are not permitted. (Service animals only, please).
- Your safety is our priority! All necessary public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
For more information: Call APDA Georgia Chapter at 404-325-2020 or email email@example.com. Donations can also be mailed to APDA Georgia | PO Box 2287, Loganville, GA 30052.
Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families. The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.
* To qualify for incentive prizes, the funds raised must be part of the dollars you raise which are reflected on your fundraising page.