APDA Long Island 2021 Optimism Walk
Join us on October 2, 2021Register Now! Donate To This Event
Saturday, October 2, 2021
check-in begins at 9:00 am
WALK BEGINS AT 10:00 am
Marjorie R. Post Community Park
Unqua & Merrick Roads
Massapequa, NY 11758
JOIN US IN PERSON! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
* Online registration is strongly encouraged *
What it is:
An important (and fun-filled!) fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk, family-friendly activities, sponsor tables, and more!
Walking the full distance is not mandatory -- participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.
Each Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. Be a part of it!
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our own local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more! (To qualify for fundraising prizes, the funds raised must be part of your personal fundraising dollars.)
- And, because it's going to be a GREAT day!
Fundraising is highly encouraged. We have tips and templates to help make fundraising easy to do!
Your safety is our priority! All public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
The walk route is approximately one mile, with a shortcut available, and is wheelchair accessible.
There will be a Rock Steady Boxing demo, lots of sponsors with giveaways, plenty of parking available and so much more!
Rain or shine!
Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers!
Dogs are NOT permitted at Marjorie R. Post Park. (Service animals only, please).
For more information:
Call APDA at 551-258-3345 or email NYwalk@apdaparkinson.org
About APDA - Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families.
The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.www.apdaparkinson.org