APDA Westport CT 2021 Optimism Walk
Join us on October 2, 2021Donate To This Event
Saturday, October 2, 2021
registration begins at 10:00 am
WALK BEGINS AT 11:00 am
Sherwood Island State Park Pavilion
Sherwood Island Connector
JOIN US IN PERSON! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
* Online registration is strongly encouraged *
What it is:
An important (and fun-filled!) fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk, family-friendly activities, sponsor tables, and more!
Walking the full distance is not mandatory -- participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.
Each Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. Be a part of it!
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our own local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more! (To qualify for fundraising prizes, the funds raised must be part of your personal fundraising dollars.)
- And, because it's going to be a GREAT day!
Fundraising is highly encouraged. We have tips and templates to help make fundraising easy to do!
Your safety is our priority! All public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
The walk route is 1.5 miles with a halfway turnabout and is wheelchair accessible.
There will be music, prizes, awards, refreshments and so much more!
Rain or shine!
Download an Optimism Walk Brochure and/or Flyer to share with friends and coworkers!
For more information:
Call APDA Connecticut Chapter at 860-248-9200 or email email@example.com
About APDA - Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families.
The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.www.apdaparkinson.org