APDA Rhode Island 2021 Optimism Walk
Join us on September 18, 2021Donate To This Event
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2021
registration begins at 9:00 AM ET
WALK BEGINS AT 11:00 AM ET
GODDARD STATE PARK
1095 IVES ROAD
EAST GREENWICH, RI 02818
(enter at the main entrance and park in the lot near the beach.)
JOIN US IN PERSON! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
* Online registration is strongly encouraged *
What it is:
- An important (and fun-filled!) fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk, family-friendly activities, sponsor tables, and more!
- Walking the full distance is not mandatory -- participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.
- Each Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. Be a part of it!
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our own local communities.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more! (To qualify for fundraising prizes, the funds raised must be part of your personal fundraising dollars.)
- And, because it's going to be a GREAT day!
Fundraising is highly encouraged. We have tips and templates to help make fundraising easy to do!
Your safety is our priority! All public health guidelines and safety measures will be in place.
The walk route is wheelchair accessible.
Rain or shine!
Download an Optimism Walk Flyer to share with friends and coworkers!
For more information:
Call APDA Rhode Island at 401-439-8435 or email email@example.com
APDA Rhode Island Chapter Announces Honoree for Upcoming Optimism Walk:
Longtime board member and supporter to be celebrated at the event
This year’s honoree, Athol Cochrane, served as President of the APDA Rhode Island Chapter for 23 years, and currently serves on the national board of directors for the organization. His dedication to the Parkinson’s disease community and to the mission of APDA is evident through his long-standing partnership with the organization as well as the philanthropic spirit that drives him to help others. Born and raised in South Africa, Cochrane served in the South African Air Force and later worked as a systems analyst for IBM South Africa, before emigrating to the USA in 1988. He currently works for Pallas Capital Advisors as a Financial Advisor and leads their Newport, Rhode Island office. “Athol has been such incredible support to the Parkinson’s disease community. We are thrilled to honor him at the upcoming Optimism Walk for his many years of service to APDA and his dedication to the people we serve,” states Bill Patjane Executive Director, APDA Massachusetts Chapter. Cochrane studied economics at the University of South Africa and later received a bachelor’s degree in Management from Roger Williams University. He resides with his wife in Middletown, Rhode Island. They have two grown sons and a granddaughter. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, gardening, and fishing on Narragansett Bay.
About APDA - Every day we provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest. APDA is the largest grassroots network serving people with Parkinson's disease and their families.
The American Parkinson Disease Association is a 501(c)3 organization.www.apdaparkinson.org